Monday, February 15, 2010

Administration may abandon civilian 9/11 trial

Administration may abandon civilian 9/11 trial.

Ok, so this is a bit of old news I wanted to say something about. I've said privately that I believe this administration really has no idea what it is doing. I see mistake after blunder and backtrack after clarification on a regular basis coming from the White House. Close Gitmo - keep Gitmo open. Leave Iraq - stay in Iraq. Surge in Afghanistan - wait 4 months to decide to surge in Afghanistan. Release torture photos - uh, oh, don't release torture photos. I vow no middle class tax hikes - I'm 'agnostic' about middle class tax hikes. Indefinite detention of terrorists is a terrible human rights violation - err, maybe it's not so bad, etc. etc.

And now maybe we don't wanna do civilian trials for the 9/11 planners in NYC. Who the hell knows, really? I get the feeling these guys are just playin' it by ear sometimes. Regardless of whether they actually do know what they are doing - this is what they project to me.

And this was an idea so ridiculously stupid it should have been laughed out of any half competent oval office. It's good that they might toss the idea but the fact that they actually put this in motion doesn't instill confidence. And really the fact that they walked it back doesn't either. If you're gonna get up to the bully pulpit and proclaim yourself the savior of America, the Free World, and even the Oceans Themselves then you shouldn't need to change your mind. You're right. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment