Sunday, December 13, 2009

Just do your job

 NYT: Houston Is Largest City to Elect Openly Gay Mayor.
 











Congratulations to Ms. Parker. However, quotes like this make me nervous:
"This election has changed the world for the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered community. Just as it is about transforming the lives of all Houstonians for the better, and that's what my administration will be about," Parker told supporters after Locke conceded defeat.

Err, well, ok if you say so. Call me old fashioned but I don't need you to transform my life.

Robert Pule at the Lake County Independent Examiner takes the words right out of my mouth: "If we are all equal then when can we start acting like it?"

Also, this quote stuck out at me in the NYT article:
 “It’s a huge step forward for Houston,” said one of the volunteers, Lindsey Dionne, who is lesbian. “It shows hate will not prevail in this city.”

Really? Really? This is worthy of quoting in the NYT?

No comments:

Post a Comment